Thursday, August 15, 2013

Blog 2: Summer Mentorship Component

Literal:

1. Mentorship Log

2. Evelyn Luna, (951) 827-1766
3. Is it the same routine everyday?
    Can it affect you mentally?
    What is the difference between a counselor, adviser and therapist?
    How many years does it take to be a counselor?
    Normally, how many hours do you work a day?

Interpretive:


4. The most important thing that I learned from this summers experience is that being organized and professional is really important. For example, you can't just arrive at work and put your feet up on the desk and relax and let time pass by. As soon as you arrive to your office, you must put all home situations aside and focus on work and get ready to start your day. You must be organized because you can't just do what you want. You must keep an agenda in where you write down the appointments that you will be having and be very open with your schedule. When a student comes in to talk to you, you must listen to their problems or concerns and help them come up with a solution. You mustn't solve all their problems or else they wont know how to do it themselves.


Applied:

5. I chose counseling as my topic because I like helping others in solving their problems. I am very much a people person, and seeing them satisfied when all their questions are answered makes me feel accomplished because I helped that person have one less thing to worry about. Another reason why I chose that as my topic is because the counselors that I've had, have helped me in so many ways and I am grateful to have them. They have made a difference in my life and I wanted to return the favor by helping others the same way.



No comments:

Post a Comment